There is a new kid on the block in terms of online courses on Deep Learning.
DeepSchool.io is a set of Jupyter notebooks that teach you the basics and different concepts you need in order to get started and being productive in Depp Learning. They are also videos supporting the notebook, although not for every notebook yet.
It differs from fast.ai in that the videos are shorter and the notebooks are mostly self-explanatory.
The goal of the project is to make Deep Learning accessible to everyone, make it practical, make learning open source and fun.
These are the topics covered:
- Lesson 0: Introduction to regression.
- Lesson 1: Penalising weights to fit better (scikit learn intro)
- Lesson 2: Gradient Descent. Using basic optimisation methods.
- Lesson 3: Tensorflow intro: zero layer hidden networks (i.e. normal regression).
- Lesson 4: Tensorflow hidden layer introduction.
- Lesson 5: Using Keras to simplify multi-layer neural nets.
- Lesson 6: Embeddings to deal with categorical data. (Keras)
- Lesson 7: Word2Vec. Embeddings to visualise words. (Tensorflow)
- Lesson 8: Application – Bike Sharing predictions
- Lesson 9: Choosing Number of Layers and more
- Lesson 10: XGBoost – A quick detour from Deep Learning
- Lesson 11: Convolutional Neural Nets (MNIST dataset)
- Lesson 12: CNNs and BatchNormalisation (CIFAR10 dataset)
- Lesson 13: Transfer Learning (Dogs vs Cats dataset)
- Lesson 14: LSTMs – Sentiment analysis.
- Lesson 15: LSTMs – Shakespeare.
- Lesson 16: LSTMs – Trump Tweets.
- Lesson 17: Trump – Stacking and Stateful LSTMs.
- Lesson 18: Fake News Classifier
You can read more here.